Santa is coming to town!!
We want everyone to be able to have a happy and safe time at Big Tree Night, so we've compiled a list of things that may help you
Big Tree Night Timetable
*Subject to change
- 1pm – SLIP ROADS CLOSE by Budgens/Post Office in Shepperton High Street and remain closed until 9pm
- From 2pm – Stall holders start to arrive and start to set up stalls
- 4pm – Pre-school Christmas STORY-TIME with songs at Shepperton Village Library
- 4pm – A portion of SHEPPERTON HIGH STREET CLOSES from the traffic lights in the north, to Mere Road in the south - this will remain closed to 9pm
- 5:00pm – Big Tree Night/stalls opens
- 5-8:30pm – Entertainment from the stage
- 6:20pm – SANTA & HIS REINDEER arrive and travel down the High Street from the stage area (in front of the traffic lights) to the Library
- 6:30-8pm – Santa and his reindeer are available for visits at Shepperton Village Library
- 6:30pm – Official Mayoral Opening, Cheque Presentations & Carols at the stage led by the Rev Chris Swift
- 7:00pm – Redz Dance Crew (Stage)
- 7:30pm – Announcement of Window Competition Winners
- 8:00pm – Announcement of Golden Ticket Raffle Winner (drawn live on stage)
- 8:30pm – Santa & his reindeer depart for Lapland & Big Tree Night closes
- 8:45pm – Stalls Close
- 10:00pm – All access roads & High Street re-open
First Aid/St John's Ambulance
St John's Ambulance is positioned at the end of Manor Farm Avenue, half way down the closed off section of the High Street (see map). Please call 999 immediately if an emergency.
Lost Children or Parents
The meeting point for lost children and parents will be at the St John's Ambulance (see above). Please ask an SDBC Organiser to put out an announcement.
If you find any lost property, please hand it into an SDBC Organiser (wearing a hi-vis jacket). Any recovered lost property will be held by the main stage and an announcement will be made if possible. Any unclaimed or unmarked lost property at the end of the event will be donated to a charity shop in the High Street.
Community toilets will be available at the Golden Grill Restaurant, 70 High Street or Costa Coffee, Thurlestone Parade (by The Big Tree).
Travel & Parking
If you live in Shepperton, we advise you to walk to the High Street! Buses will be on diversion, roads will be busy and parking will be at a premium. The closest available public parking is at Manor Park (£) at the Monument end of the High Street. Alternatively, take the train, as the station is within a few steps of Big Tree Night.