Santa is coming to town!!
We want everyone to be able to have a happy and safe time at Big Tree Night, so we've compiled a list of things that may help you
Big Tree Night Timetable
*Subject to change
- 1pm – SLIP ROADS CLOSE by Sainsburys/Post Office in Shepperton High Street and remain closed until 10pm
- From 2pm – Stall holders start to arrive and start to set up stalls
- 3pm – Story time & Christmas craft at Shepperton Library
- 4pm – A portion of SHEPPERTON HIGH STREET CLOSES from the traffic lights in the north, to Mere Road in the south - this will remain closed to 10pm
- 5pm – Stalls open
- 5.30pm – A few words by our Chair, Chantal Mitchell & introducing The Lady Mayor of Spelthorne
- 5.40pm – The Lady Mayor opens Big Tree Night 2022
- 5.45pm – Santa arrives on stage and presents the 2022 Poster Winners (Saxon pupils) with prizes
- 5:50pm – Announcement of the Window Competition Winners
- 5.55pm – Santa makes his way to his grotto and reindeer by Shepperton Library
- 6.05pm – Carol singing with St Nicholas school choir
- 6.30pm – Dancing performance by St Nicholas pupils
- 6.50pm – Performance by Thamesmead pupils
- 7pm – Christmas music played through the evening
- 8.30pm – Santa & his reindeer leave for Lapland
- 10pm – High Street re opens
The Big Tree Committee Gazebo
For all your questions, lost children, programmes and where to come when you've finished the Treasure Hunt!
First Aid/St John's Ambulance
St John's Ambulance is positioned in Araby Corner, where the old NatWest Bank was. Please call 999 immediately if an emergency.
Lost Children or Parents
The meeting point for lost children and parents will be the Big Tree Committee gazebo. Please ask an SDBC Organiser to put out an announcement.
If you find any lost property, please hand it into an SDBC Organiser (wearing a hi-vis jacket). Any recovered lost property will be held by the main stage and an announcement will be made if possible. Any unclaimed or unmarked lost property at the end of the event will be donated to a charity shop in the High Street.
Community toilets will be available in the Guardian Angels Carers shop. They will be open for the evening for us to use toilets and first aid.
Travel & Parking
If you live in Shepperton, we advise you to walk to the High Street! Buses will be on diversion, roads will be busy and parking will be at a premium. The closest available public parking is at Manor Park (£) at the Memorial end of the High Street. Alternatively, take the train, as the station is within a few steps of Big Tree Night.
Even with this December's South Western rail strike, they are running a train an hour up to and back to Kingston (change at Kingston for stations nearer London).
Buses on Diversion
The closure of Shepperton High Street will affect two services: 555 and 557 - both will divert up/down Green Lane or Russell Road up to Marshall's Roundabout. The 555 stops on Russell Road will be missed but will stop at Shepperton Station Approach.
Please contact Hallmark Buses for more information about times and stops.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause local travellers.
PPL PRS licenses the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the permission they need to play the music they want.
For more information about PPL PRS, visit pplprs.co.uk or call 0800 0720 808